Nagrada "Daniel Rukavina" u kategoriji prvog autora dodijeljena je dr. sc. Anji Barić za radom pod naslovom
"Redefining the Koizumi model of mouse cerebral ischemia: A comparative longitudinal
study of cerebral and retinal ischemia in the Koizumi and Longa middle cerebral artery occlusion models"
objavljenog u časopisu Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism.
U kategoriji zadnjeg autora nagrada je dodijeljena prof. dr. sc. Ines Drenjančević, dr. med. za rad pod naslovom
"White Wine-Induced Endothelium-Dependent Vasorelaxation in Sprague-Dawley Rats" objavljenog u časopisu Antioxidants.
Faculty of Medicine Osijek, J. Huttlera 4, 31000 Osijek, Croatia
Prof. Aleksandra Dugandžić, MD, PhD (School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia)
Prof. Ines Drenjančević, MD, PhD (Faculty of Medicine, University of Osijek, Osijek, Croatia)
Prof. Ines Mrakovčić-Šutić, MD, PhD (Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia)
Prof. Željko Dujić, MD, PhD (School of Medicine, University of Split, Split, Croatia)
Prof. Lana Ružić, MD, PhD (Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia)
Assoc. prof. Ana Stupin, MD, PhD (Faculty of Medicine, University of Osijek, Osijek, Croatia)
Assist. prof. Hrvoje Lalić, MD, PhD (School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia)
Assist. prof. Ana Shek-Vugrovečki, DVM, PhD (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia)
Ivana Šutić, MD (Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia)
Martina Ratko, PhD (Croatian Institute for Brain Research, Zagreb, Croatia)
Akos Koller, MD, PhD (Department of Morphology & Physiology, Institute of Translational Medicine,
ELKH-SE Cerebrovascular and Neurocognitive Disorders Research Group, Semmelweis University,
Research Center for Sports Physiology, Hungarian University of Sports Science, Budapest,
Hungary and Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA)
Prof. Aleksandar Klašnja (Faculty of Medicine, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia)
Prof. Ivan Ćavar (Faculty of Medicine, University of Mostar, Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Prof. Timea Berki (University of Pécs, Medical School, National Laboratory on Human Reproduction, University of Pécs. Hungary)
Prof. Ferenz Bari (University of Szeged, Hungary)
Prof. Eszter Farkas (Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary)
Institute and Dept. of Physiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine Osijek, Croatia:
Prof. Ines Drenjančević, MD, PhD
Assoc. prof. Ana Stupin, MD, PhD
Assoc. prof. Ivana Jukić, MD, PhD
Assoc. prof. Martina Mihalj, MD, PhD
Assist prof. Zrinka Mihaljević, PhD
Assist prof Marko Stupin, MD, PhD
Assist. prof Aleksandar Kibel, MD, PhD
Petar Šušnjara, PhD
Nataša Kozina, PhD
Nikolina Kolobarić, PhD
Thursday, September 28th 2023
12:00 – 18:00Registration (Hall Faculty of Medicine Osijek)
12:00 – 12:15Opening ceremony, welcome (Lecture room P1, Ground floor)
12:15 – 14:10Session 1 – Neurophysiology and cerebral circulation – Chairs: Aleksandra Dugandžić, Ferenc Bari
25’ Invited speaker: Akos Koller (Budapest, HU): "Novel concept and mechanisms of the autoregulation of cerebral blood flow. Role of arachidonic acid pathway"
25’ Invited speaker: Nikola Habek (Zagreb, CRO): "Uroguanylin in the Brain - New Kid on the Block?"
25’ Invited speaker: Eszter Farkasz (Szeged, HU): "Reperfusion failure after acute ischemic stroke"
25’ Invited speaker: Ferenc Bari (Szeged, HU): "How could be nanomedicine helpful in stroke therapy?"
15’ Sibel Akyol, Berkay Sen (Istanbul, Turkey): "Comparative Analysis of Proinflammatory and Anti-inflammatory Cytokines in Brain Tissue of Juvenile Offspring of Chronic Alcoholics"
14:10 – 14:20short intersession break
14:20 – 16:00Session 2 – Sport physiology – Chairs: Lana Ružić, Akos Koller
25’ Invited speaker: Vladimir Ivančev (Split, CRO): "Physiological markers of functional status - possibilities of functional diagnostics"
25’ Invited speaker: Helena Lenasi, N Potočnik, L Kralj (Ljubljana, SLO): "Exercise and skin microcirculation"
15’ Invited lecture: Dragan Mirkov (Beograd, SRB): "The Rate of Force Development Scaling Factor: The new kid in the block?"
15’ Ines Mrakovčić- Šutić (Rijeka, CRO): "The influence of intense physical activity on perforin and granulysin expression"
10’ Luka Kolar (Osijek, CRO): "Consumption of functional food enriched with n-3 PUFAs and antioxidants enhances microvascular reactivity and reduces oxidative stress in competitive athletes"
10’ Lana Kralj, H Lenasi (Ljubljana, SLO): "Wavelet analysis of laser Doppler microcirculatory signals: current position in the field"
16:00 – 16:30coffee break
16:30 – 18:10Session 3 – General physiology – Chairs: Helena Lenasi, Ivana Jukić
25’ Invited speaker: Dora Zelena (Pecs, HU): "Vasopressin as a social hormone"
15’ Szonja Decker, D Deák, T Horváth, A Koller (Budapest, HU): "Contribution of abdominal and chest breathing in different body positions to the breathing cycle"
15’ Martina Mihalj (Osijek, CRO): "The rational for introducing low salt diet for the management of Th17-mediated skin disorders"
15' Martina Vulin, A Muller, I Drenjančević, P Šušnjara, Z Mihaljević, A Stupin (Osijek, CRO): "Effects of dietary salt intake on vascular endothelial function in healthy pregnant women during third trimester of uncomplicated pregnancy"
15’ Darina Deák (Budapest, HU): "Effect of skin color on the pulse oximeter measurement of oxygen saturation in humans"
15’ David Ivanov, Drapšin M, Mihajlović A, Tapavički B, Lendak D (Novi Sad, SRB): "Did we underestimate prognostic value of routine biomarkers in the early stage of COVID-19?"
18:15 – 19:45E-Poster session #1 (lecture room P1, ground floor) – Chairs: Ana Stupin, Hrvoje Lalić– 6 min per poster
1. Tanja Grubić Kezele, A Stari, L Vidović, D Repac Antić (Rijeka, CRO): Physical and psychosocial limitations short before and short after COVID-19 pandemic in individuals with multiple sclerosis
2. Babić A, A Zelić Kerep, A Lelas, J Knežević, L Desnica, N Duraković, R Vrhovac, D Pulanić, D Batinić, Hrvoje Lalić (Zagreb, CRO): Plasma cytokine profiling in patients with chronic graft-versus-host disease
3. Justić H, Barić A, Šimunić I, Radmilović M, Ratko Martina, Škokić S, Dobrivojević Radmilović M (Zagreb, CRO): Dual role of bradykinin receptor type 2 in mouse retinal ischemia
4. Anja Barić, D Smilović, H Justić, S Škokić, M Dobrivojević Radmilović (Zagreb, CRO): The effects of bradykinin type 2 receptor deficiency on microglia activation and survival after cerebral ischemia in mice
5. Dora Uršić, Kibel A, Jukić I, Drenjančević I (Osijek, CRO): Ongoing study: Effect of consumption of chicken meat enriched with carnosine on microvascular function and immune system in patients with chronic coronary artery disease
6. Dijana Dumančić, A Stupin, M Kožul, V Šerić,, A Kibel, N Goswami, B Brix, Ž Debeljak, R Scitovski, I Drenjančević (Osijek, CRO): Hyperventilation-provoked response of heart rate variability and baroreceptor sensitivity in young, healthy individuals after a short term high salt diet
7. Dora Jarai, A Koller (Budapest, HU): Role and potential mechanisms of walnut consumption-induced improvement of endothelial function in cardiovascular diseases
8. Petar Šušnjara, Z Mihaljević, A Stupin, N Kolobarić, I Drenjančević (Osijek, CRO): Health benefit of the consumption of functionally enriched eggs in healthy young subjects
9. Aleksandra Popović, J Drljača Lero, D Miljković, M Popović, A Klašnja, V Karan Rakić, I Čapo, M Ljubković (Novi Sad, SRB; Split CRO): Karnozin EXTRA® inhibits growth, survival, and migration of human glioblastoma cells through inducing mitochondrial dysfunction
10. Božena Ćurko Cofek, T Grubić Kezele, M Tota, N Starčević Čizmarević, S Ristić, V Barac-Latas (Rijeka, HRV): Sex-related differences in zinc, metallothionein I/II, and estrogen receptor-alpha interaction in iron-overloaded EAE rats
11. Domagoj Jakovac, M Ratko, I Marolt Banek, I Lapić, A Dugandžić (Zagreb, CRO): Physiological role of systemic uroguanylin in mouse salivary glands
12. Jasna Aladrović, Miljković J, Shek Vugrovečki A, Blažević SA, Lisičić D, Gojak T, Šikić D, Beer Ljubić B, Pađen L (Zagreb, CRO): Lipid indices in abdominal fat and ovaries in Podarcis siculus and Podarcis melisellensis
13. Martina Ratko, V Crljen, M Tkalčić, A Mažuranić, P Bubalo, P Škavić, I Banovac, A Dugandžić (Zagreb, CRO): Guanylate cyclase C expression in the human brain
14. Vedrana Karan Rakić, A Klašnja, A Popović, Dj Djilvesi, M Karan, S Maricic Prijic, M Drapsin (Novi Sad, SRB): Intraoperative neurophysiological parameters in patients with radiculopathy and myelopathy
15. Verner Marijančić, G Starčević-Klasan, S Peharec, T Grubić Kezele (Rijeka, CRO): Association of spinal curvatures with BMI, body composition and muscular endurance of trunk muscles in college students
Osijek sightseeing, free time
Friday, September 29th 2023
09:00 – 17:00Registration
09:00 – 10:20Session 4 – Cell physiology and immunology – Chairs: Vilma Dembitz, Helena Lenasi
25’ Invited speaker: Ivona Žura-Žaja, N Poljičak Milas, S Milinković Tur, A Shek Vugrovečki, M Vilić, N Žura, I Butković, J Miljković, P Prgomet, L Rodman, S Vince (Zagreb, CRO): "Morphometry as a method in the assessment of cell morphology in veterinary medicine"
15’ Peter Balogh, X Jia (Pecs, HU): "Serosal lymphoid organoids – shapes and functions"
15’ D Simon, S Erdo-Bonyar, A Bajnok, A Varnagy, K Kovacs, E Mezosi, Timea Berki (Pecs, HU): "The maternal tolerance development during pregnancy and the immunological background of infertility"
15’ Peter Engelmann, Ko Bodó, C Brotzki da Costa, P Németh (Pecs, HU): "Injury-induced regeneration in earthworms: cells, molecules and beyond"
10’ Nikolina Kolobarić, P Šušnjara, A Stupin, A Matić, I Drenjančević: "N-3 PUFAs and Microcirculation: Unravelling the Prostanoids Connection"
10:20 – 10:50coffee break
10:50 – 12:20Session 5 – Physiology in clinical settings: endocrinology, metabolism. Chairs: Aleksandar Kibel, Ana Shek Vugrovečki
25’ Invited speaker: Ivan Ćavar (K Cvitković, A Sesar, T Kelava, A Sućur, I Ćavar): "Concentrations of selected inflammatory cytokines in aqueous humor and serum of diabetic patients"
15’ Zoltán Kellermayer, S Tahri, MME de Jong, N Papazian, C Fokkema, R Hoogenboezem, MA Sanders, L Boon, C Den Hollander, A Broijl, P Sonneveld, T Cupedo (Pecs, HU): "Control of 5TGM1 myeloma growth in C57Bl/6 mice is associated with an activated bone marrow NK cell response"
20’ Invited lecture: Ivana Šutić: "Changes in the concentration of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 residents near the waste disposal centers"
20’ Invited lecture: Josipa Josipović (Zagreb, CRO): "Multiple renal arteries and hypertension- physiological aspects"
10’ A Zrilić, T Režić Palaversa, A Majić, S Marušić, M Cigrovski Berković, Lana Ružić (Zagreb, CRO): "Thyroid function and short-and middle-term outcomes of SARS_CoV patients"
12:30 – 13:30Lunch (catering)
13:30 – 13:40Taking conference participants photo (in front of the Faculty of Medicine building)
13:40 – 14:50Session 6 Immunology – Chairs: Ines Mrakovčić-Šutić, Martina Mihalj
25’ Invited speaker: Vilma Dembitz (Zagreb, Croatia): "The role of stearoyl-CoA desaturase in acute myeloid leukemia"
15' Tomislav Smoljo, B Tomic, H Lalić, V Dembitz, D Visnjić (Zagreb, CRO): "Bone marrow stromal cells decrease differentiation of acute myeloid leukemia cells induced by low-dose cytarabine"
15’ Ivana Krajina (Osijek, CRO): "Short term low salt diet changes inflammatory parameters in mild to moderate psoriasis vulgaris"
15’ Ana Marija Masle, A Kibel, K Selthofer Relatić, A Stupin, Z Mihaljević, P Šušnjara, Ž Breškić, N Kolobarić, B Juranić, V Šerić, I Jukić, G Kralik, I Drenjančević (Osijek, CRO): "Microvascular endothelium function response to n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, selenium and lutein enriched functional food in patients with acute coronary syndrome"
15:00 – 16:30CPS Assembly (lecture room P2, second floor)
Guided sightseeing, English, meeting point
20:00 – 23:00Conference Dinner - Hotel Waldinger
Saturday, September 30th 2023
09:00 – 10:30E-Poster session #2 (lecture room P1, ground floor) – Chairs: Zrinka Mihaljević, Ivana Šutić– 6 min per poster
1. Martina Kos, A Stupin, P Šušnjara, T Nađ, M Damašek, I Drenjančević, S Pušeljić, I Jukić (Osijek, CRO): Essential arterial hypertension attenuated endothelium-dependent microvascular response in pediatric patients
2. Lea Gvozdanović, Štefek, Ž Dragila, Z Mihaljević, V Adam Nesek (Našice,CRO): The diagnostic accuracy of calprotectin in patients with suspected sepsis
3. V Đambić, I Drenjančević, Zrinka Mihaljević, A Kibel (Osijek, CRO): The role of adenosine A1 and A2a receptor in cerebral blood vessels of Sprague-Dawley rats exposed to hyperbaric oxygen
4. Erna Davidović Cvetko, D Pejić, I Lovrić, D Jozinović (Vukovar, CRO). Correlation of explosive muscle strenght and body composition in young adults: difference between athletes and non-athletes
5. N Šantek, T Režić Palaversa, I Kirac, B Vilč, Lj Mayer, M Šoštarić, A Mrzljak, Maja Cigrovski Berković (Zagreb, CRO): Retrospective analysis of breathing exercise intervention in patients with type 2 diabetes scheduled for abdominal cancer surgery and how it affects patients’ outcomes
6. Shek Vugrovečki Ana, Miljković J, Aladrović J, Pađen L, Šikić D, Gojak T, Lisičić D, Blažević SA (Zagreb, CRO): Oxidative Stability of Muscle Tissue in a Free-Living Lizard Podarcis siculus from two different locations – a Pilot Study
7. Ivana Potočnik, N Potočnik (Ljubljana, SLO): The effect of endurance exercise on arterial blood pressure in trained type 1 diabetic patients compared to healthy controls
8. Marta Pongrac, Radmilović Marina (Zagreb, CRO): The role of bradykinin receptor type 2 in murine cerebral glucose metabolism
9. Tina Zavidić, G Laškarin (Rijeka, CRO): Can measuring pulse wave velocity alert us to the need for early treatment of prediabetes and metabolic syndrome?
10. Patrik Debeljak, S Brnić, V Brnić, K Jordan, S Grazio, F Grubišić (Zagreb, CRO): Impact of Personalized Kinesitherapy on Lpetarymphedema Management in Women with Breast Cancer After Surgical Treatment and Adjuvant Radiotherapy – A Retrospective Reanalysis
11. Lucija Faj, J Aleksic, K Radović, MO Knezevic, D Cabarkapa, VD Cabarkapa, MD Mirkov (Osijek CRO, Beograd, SRB): Reliability of a low-cost, high-speed camera-based method for assessing Selected kinematic variables in the unilateral countermovement jump
12. Jasna Aladrović, B Beer-Ljubić, A Kostelić, L Pađen (Zagreb, CRO): Nutritional lipid quality indices in goat’s milk regarding lactation period
10:30Closing remarks, awards
11:00Excursion to Vukovar and Lunch in Vukovar (Vukovar watertower, Museum of Vučedol culture)